Thursday, February 4, 2010

Aujourd'hui


today was....today. i went to work and played with kids for ten hours! can't go wrong there. and as lame as it sounds, i'm kinda bored with no homework tonight. i guess all i have of real excitment is an all new episode of Grey's Anatomy.
for the awkward moment of the day: i ran into Mrs. Gordee (high school guidance counselor) at the daycare. her son goes there. we haven't talked since i was having a hard time in high school and let's just say it was weird. i wanted to just start blabbing out my whole story about why i'm not at UW-Madison anymore, that everything of before, is 100% different. everything she knew of me before wasn't good. now i'm a complete new creation in Christ and i just wish i could tell her. tell her about Mercy and the last year of my life. maybe sometime. i shouldn't care what she thinks, hopefully she can just see my Jesus radiating off of me.
as for what i read in my Bible this morning...i read many healing stories about Jesus. i think one thing it's so easy for us to do now adays is to just read those stories in the gospels and think, "WOW, that guy was sure powerful." what we forget is that He still is powerful! if i was blind today, just like the beggar. with my faith, God could heal me just the same.
and now for a cool story about God's healing power. it may not seem significant to many of you, but this was kinda huge to me. last thursday i had some weird stomach flu. i puked my guts out for no reason. i didn't even have a stomach ache or other symptoms. but i hadn't read my bible that day, and i had had time, it wasn't like i made up excuses, i just didn't feel like it. i kept apologizing to God instead of going and reading my Bible. when i had puked for 6 hours i realized that i wasn't trusting God or asking Him to make me feel better. i immediately went upstairs and got my Bible. i prayed so strongly, speaking the word over myself and reading my God's Creative Power for healing. believing that God could do it. no, i didn't magically feel 100% better. but after that the puking stopped, and over the hour the nausea went away. now some would call that luck or chance, but to me it was God. it wasn't a fluke. so now when i read those stories of Jesus healing the sick, or blind, or deaf. i remember that he can do it for me too, and that my prayers really are powerful. through Christ i have power in the spiritual realm. it amazes me, and helps me appreciate those repetitive parts of the Bible.
i'd just like to say that i like this blogging thing. its hard for me to get started, but once i do i just keep writing. i look back at what i wrote, and it isn't like it sounds in my head, but i hope im getting enough of a point accross that ya'all can understand a little piece of my weird brain! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment