Wednesday, November 17, 2010

perfect love casts out all fear.



I got to talk to my wonderful and beautiful counselor (pictured on right) from Mercy Ministries today! Sometimes the devil tries to ruin things. And today, as wonderful of a typical day as it has been, he's trying to ruin the specialness of my Mercy 1 year. It's like he keeps saying that I'm still a failure because I have messed up in the past year, that I haven't walked out my freedom. But you know what? I am walking in freedom. People struggle and I'm sure not perfect, but God's grace is good and He is in control. He loves me the same no matter what I do. His perfect love casts out all fear. LOVE, the love of my God is PERFECT. PERFECT!!! It's like it all hit me today. My God still loves me the same. THE SAME! When I screw up, he is sad because he LOVES me! He cares more about me than ANYONE else does! My friends, my parents, my sisters, and relatives...they all love me. I love people. But this love, this love is NOTHING compared to the love of my Jesus. He didn't only just die for me...he died with EVERY SINGLE SIN I've ever committed on him. He felt them. He felt my depression, he felt my anxiety, and my pain. He understands my struggles COMPLETELY! (this amazes me so much) When Jesus died, God turned his face from him. He was covered in ALL the sins of the world. And you know what? That act has transformed the world and Christianity 100%. He was a perfect man, but he loved me enough to suffer through the feelings and consequences of all sin, just so that I could go to heaven and be in complete communion with Him. Now if that isn't love, I don't know what is! What a love! I am redeemed by the LOVE of my God. As I lay here, basking in my Father's love, I choose to love him back. An attempt at the love I'm receiving. He is good. And He is LOVE.

1 comment:

  1. Yay God!!! Praise the Lord! So happy for you, love. :)

    ReplyDelete