Friday, December 31, 2010

2011: the date of new beginnings and start-overs.

I feel like I need to blog honestly and say that as amazing as life is, my relationship with my Jesus is not. When things started at school, I experienced shame and guilt, unforgiveness of self. As much as I'm trying and want to give it all over to God and accept His abundant loving grace and forgiveness, it isn't that simple. I'm pulled between regret and acceptance. I need to accept the situation and allow God to work. 2011 begins tomorrow. I know it's just a year, just a date. But in our culture it's a date of new beginnings, a date of "start-overs". As Sarah Allen encourages us every year, my "New Years Resolution" is to be more like Jesus. I also want to be more like a follower of Jesus, a disciple of Jesus. I am a nazarite, but am not following my Nazarite vow and commitments when it comes to my time with God. I need to renew that vow and reset my guidelines. God is good, and he will bring about restoration. He has already redeemed me and as my tattoo says....I am the redeemed.

No comments:

Post a Comment