Saturday, August 28, 2010

Another look at Ezekiel

This morning is a morning of those random small specks of joy blowing up into a JOY inside of me that is stronger than it has been in a long time. I woke up at 4 AM with an epiphany, realizing that I'm allergic to antibiotics. I had amazing talks with my parents. And on top of it all, I'm back in Ezekiel, after being frustrated for some time and found myself in chapter 11. The subtitle was "Hope for the Exiled Israel" and God was just like BAM, this is what you need. I was feeling so uncertain and far from my God after reading about the exile and knowing God had a compassionate heart, but not understanding why He would do such things. When I reached verse 14 of chapter 11 I just wanted to cry. God said to tell the exiles, "This is what the Sovereign Lord says, "Although I have scattered you in the countries of the world, I will be a sanctuary to you during your time in exile. I, the Sovereign Lord, will gather you back from the nations where you have been scattered, and I will give you the land of Israel once again."" He then says a little farther down, "And I will give them singleness of heart and put a new spirit within them. I will take away their stony, stubborn heart and give them a tender, responsive heart, so that they will obey my decrees and regulations. They they will truly be my people, and I will be their God." This made my heart break once again for my true love. Jesus. His compassion was still there. He was still LOVE during the old covenant. He also says in chapter 11, "I know what you are saying, for I know every thought that comes into your minds." Just as David felt his presence in Psalm 139, Ezekiel knew God's presence during the exile of Israel. And just as both of them embraced the vast omniscient love of God, I choose to run to Jesus and his all-knowing knowledge and love for me, no matter what I am going through. My God was the same yesterday, today, and forever!

1 comment: